What makes a modern dad? According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, the definition of modern and dad are:
- of or relating to the present time or the recent past; happening, existing, or developing at a time near the present time
- of or relating to the current or most recent period of a language
- based on or using the newest information, methods or technology
Dad or Father: noun
- A person’s father
- a male parent
- a man who is thought of as being like a father
- a person who was in someone’s family in past times
MY definition of a modern dad is a bit different.
- A man who has produced children and can relate to them on many levels throughout their lives
- A dad who is an example to his children and one that the kids want to emulate
- A dad that rolls with the times without losing his own sense of style
So,what makes me a modern dad? I wake up every morning with my main goal to be a good dad. To be able to adapt with whatever circumstances come my way. And when problems arise, solve them. And if I can look good doing it, then that’s an added plus. Lee can take the credit for helping me look good on the outside, but being a truly good dad from the inside out, that’s on me. And when I fail at being a good dad, that’s all on me. Which is why being a modern dad is a great way to parent. If I can be ready to change and stay up to date with my kids, then good things will happen. So, what do you think? How do you define a modern dad? What makes you a modern dad?
Jason Greene is a #LeeModernDad and a true fan of Lee Jeans. Jason is a stay-at-home dad and proud father of three children. “Being a stay-at-home dad has changed the way I think about myself and the world around me. And that has led me to become a dad blogger.” Read about his thoughts on parenting challenges and rewards, faith, travel, entertainment, sports and everything else at OneGoodDad.com.
Want to shop like a #LeeModernDad? Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide >