Here at Lee, we consider jeans to be pieces of art. Our designers are artists who create wearable pieces of art inspired by your body and lifestyle.
We also recognize that at some point, it’s time to retire these pieces of art. Styles change. And for most of us, that just means a trip to the nearest thrift store followed by a shopping spree … but for others, it means it’s time to recreate.
As we celebrate America, we’re inspired by these pieces of patriotic art created using upcycled denim by some creative jean-iuses.
1. “This Great Country” by hatchettdesigns on Etsy.
2. “The Cheyenne has gone” by Ian Berry.
3. “Ms. Jean” by Ian Berry. A denim American icon — in denim!
4. Patched American flag by Judy Augur
5. Flag quilt by One Little Minute.
6. “Deconstruction Jeans” mixed media by artist Raul Gonzalez (including scraps of denim)! We posted some more information about this piece here.
Have you upcycled any of your old denim into a DIY piece of art? Tell us about it in the comments below and help us keep this denim inspiration rolling.