Fall is such a romantic time of year. Nature provides a beautiful backdrop and the temperatures are starting to dip into “cuddle weather” territory. I may be a little biased since my wedding was in the fall, but I think it’s the best season to celebrate your love.
Take full advantage of this season of thanksgiving by expressing your gratitude to your significant other with a special fall date. Here are some of our favorite ideas, and they happen to be budget-friendly — win!
1. Take a scenic countryside drive. Grab a couple of pumpkin spice lattes and take a journey to the middle of nowhere. Soak in the scenery of fall foliage in the peaceful country for a relaxing, stress-free (and affordable) date.
2. Go apple picking. Find an apple orchard near you and make plans to go enjoy the crisp air while you pick your own apples. (BONUS: Make it an all-day date by baking some homemade apple pie together that evening.)
3. Watch the sunset with cocoa (or sunrise with coffee). Pack a thermos of hot cocoa and a blanket and head to a nearby park or hill to enjoy the sunset. If you’re early birds, take some coffee along and watch the sunrise to have those butterflies in your stomach all day long.
4. Get spooked. Check to see if your area has any haunted house tours. Or, do some research to find the most haunted houses and buildings in your area and go on a DIY tour. Just be sure to hold each other tight when things get creepy.
5. Fire up the romance. If you have a fire pit in your backyard, build a fire together. Cozy up by its warmth and make your own s’mores — a childhood favorite that the child in all of us still loves.
Now that you have the where taken care of, let’s talk briefly about the wear. You’ll want to look and feel your best on your special fall date. We recommend the Modern Series for men and Curvy Fit for women to achieve comfortable style that’s polished enough for date night and versatile enough for all the fall date ideas on this list.
Do you have any budget-friendly fall date ideas to add to this list? Comment below to share!